Thursday, March 6, 2008

Letting Go

I can't hardly believe it's Friday already. This week has just flown by. As life gets back to normal around here, meaning no one is sick and we have regained some sort of routine again, i've been finding myself unmotivated to clean the house (partly because we were sick). For those of you that know me its a bit of a strange phenomena. I usually like things tidy and the floors clean (with out dust balls). But lately I have found myself watching those dust bunnies grow and it hasn't bothered me too much. Well it did get me to clean and wash my floors today. But trust me when I tell you that I hadn't touched them for the last two weeks (I might have swept once to be perfectly honest).

Anyways, my point being is that I have been challenging myself lately, yes in the area of floor cleanliness, to not obsess so much about those small things. Meaning mostly that I won't get frustrated when I have just cleaned the floors and my daughter decides to lick it(did you know saliva leaves a weird mark on the floors when dried that you can see when the light hits it just so), or when my son decides that his dinosaur needs a shower from his juice cup, or when my husband picks a crusty booger and freelances it to the ground. Ok not really on that last one. These are all logical reasons to be irked the wrong way but I found myself being irked not because they just shouldn't be doing that but because my precious floors were no longer in their pristine state.

So i'm trying to let go and stick to more of a general cleaning schedule than constantly fixing and picking up all day. Turns out i'm a much happier person and better mom this way.

I'm also trying to beat these winter blues and incorporate more physical activity into my days. The dance excercise video i have just isn't cutting it. Plus its lame. I should have known. So thursday morning was a special morning. I left my daughter at home with my husband and my son and I went to the mall walking thing. I really feel that lately I haven't been setting a good example of a healthy lifestyle lately so I really wanted to include him in this. Plus he seems to enjoy a good ride in the stroller occasionally jumping out to run. He likes to hop in the photo booths or try the games at Toy's 'R Us while I'm doing my work out.

When we came home, my husband reported having spent a nice morning bonding with our daughter. She tends to be quite the momma's girl but I think we're slowly working the extreme part of the obsession out of her system. A characterstic that's in the gene pool i guess.

So as the blogosphere as my witness, I, Erin do pledge to exercise more, obsess less, and make sure I read my Bible and brush my teeth twice everyday (some other things I want to work harder on).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment