Friday, March 21, 2008

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living'

I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible but, God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain.
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner who received God's good grace, somehow!

-Maya Angelou

Thanks to Valleygirl for posting this. I really liked this poem and wanted to share it as well.

3 Comments:

  1. tammi said...
    Yeah, I'm really not sure how to handle that either. Sometimes I answer in my own comments section, but then I never know if the person will be back to check for the answer and sometimes I do like I did here and just post a response on the last post. I usually leave emails for more personal notes.

    I know there are some blogs I visit where they very obviously leave their answers in their own comments pages, so I know to check back if I've asked something. I guess maybe it would make sense to choose which approach you're going to use and then stick with it so your readers see the pattern and know what to expect.
    Alyson said...
    I know the answer!!!!
    you have a spot in your profile in the dashboard where you can click Share e-mail.
    What happens is when you post a comment, your comment sometimes goes into their e-mail. they can then just click reply and voila! sometimes you can talk via e-mail.

    or...you can go into their blog and just post a comment and answer.

    I like the first one, but the other person has to participate.
    Erin said...
    oh cool thanks alyson....going to fix that...i think i am also going to start replying in my comments section to general questions and maybe in the other person's if it has more to do with something on their site.

Post a Comment