Friday, March 21, 2008

Here and Gone

Well my mom has left. So sad. My son has been acting up ever since she stepped out the door. I guess that's his way of responding to her parting.

We had a short but super nice visit. She arrived late Wednesday afternoon. The evening passed quickly. Lots of laughs and getting caught up. She brought some treats for the kids. Both kids loved the stickers, paper, and pencils. We all had fun trying to get the paddle-ball-bouncer working (not even sure what it's called now that I think of it).

Thursday we had beautiful weather here. So I took advantage of the extra body and we walked with the kids in two strollers to playgroup. I often tell my mom about different things the kids are doing there or the friends that they are meeting and playing with so it was nice to have her see first hand their limited social life.

That night we hit up Value Village (a large-scale thrift store in case some one's not familiar with those-are they pretty wide spread across Canada?). My son, we've learned has some pretty interesting tastes. He kept picking things from the racks that caught his eye. First is was some neon technicolor slippers. Then he was all over any kids paraphernalia (ie. ninja turtles, barney, mickey mouse, spider man...the list could go on). Then we moved to the hats and mitts section. There he found some lime green gloves, a big flowery sun hat, and a older mans drivers style hat. He then would proclaim "I want buy this" and would throw these choice items into the cart. By the end of the evening I had seen my fair share of odd colored slippers to random cups from the housewares section. Fun times.

My daughter on the other had was quite taken with the scarves. She would yell out "ughh, ughh"and point whenever we would drive by them. When I stopped, she chose one and stroked it. I guess she's a fabric girl.

To finish the evening off we were treated to an ice cream at the local dairy shop. Hmmm....sooo good. The end to a perfect day and time spent together.

2 Comments:

  1. tammi said...
    Sounds like a great day!! I miss Value Village! Now we have to wait until we make the 6-hr trip to the city where we grew up (and where our families all still live) in order to get to the closest one. You can bet I'll be making a trip there when we go next week! My 6-yr old is forever running out of things that fit her, dang it!! (and there are so precious few pants that fit her to begin with! She's got wicked long legs and a tiny little waist. Hope she can keep that figure and not turn into her mother!!!!)
    Erin said...
    lol ya our kids are growing like weeds. happy shopping!
    sounds like you're on the right track though setting an example of healthy living. :)

Post a Comment