Friday, April 25, 2008

Explanations

Alyson over at Proud to be Country, put into words perfectly what i've been doing a lot of lately. Its that since we've been home there just isn't enough hours in one day to do all the things that need to get done. I doesn't help that our house is one disaster area on the main floor because of some reno's that my husband is doing. So it is pretty much pointless trying to clean in there right now.

Back to Alyson. Today she wrote about choices. And that is exactly what i've been doing. I know that when I say 'yes' to one thing I essentially am saying 'no' to others. For example, when I say 'yes' to blogging at the end of the day when I am exhausted and really should be sleeping, I am saying 'no' to an extra half hour to hour of sleep (I get easily sucked in). All of this to say that, lately, I have been choosing not to blog or do some other daily things so that I do have that extra time to sleep or so that I do spend more time with the kids or with my husband or just so that I do have some time to do anything that isn't what I would normally do. Does that make sense?

I thought this might help to shed some light on why blogging hasn't been on the top of the list.

Now having said all that, I do have a second explanation. Remember when I posted about having Just One of Those Days and then preceeded to give you a wonderful explanation and insight into my bodily happenings? I'd like to share some more in that area.

It all started last week (our first week back) with..... THIS




Two Little Red Lines









So there ya go. Baby number 3 seems to be the reason for all the chaos and abnormalities that have been going on lately. This explains any previous unexpected visitors, although were not sure if that unexpected guest was really what we thought it was. Yadda Yadda.. enough with that.

Now that all family has been notified, with the exception with one who is away, I thought I would share this news and new blessing in our lives with anyone who reads.

So, not only have I been making choices to get the rest that I need and spend my few wakeful hours in the day doing something productive or more important than blogging, I've been growing a baby. And like we've been telling my son "that makes mommy tired because it's a lot of work.

2 Comments:

  1. Alyson said...
    Ummm ya! growing a human in my belly is an excuse I think I am finally not able to use! such a good one too. Who can argue with that?

    I'm still jealous....I really want another. of course last time I found out you were pregnant I was jealous too....then 4 weeks later I joined you.
    so pray for me!!!
    Erin said...
    soooo...its been one week alyson since we've found out....:) how's it coming? it would definitely be awesome to be preggers with someone and not just anyone ...you.

Post a Comment