Saturday, April 26, 2008

Day 3 of Trip

Ok so i've gotten a little behind in chaptering our ten day trip home. Day three was my daughter's birthday. That morning, I was up surprisingly early considering I had been up late with the girls for the "girls" party at my husband's aunts. But none the less, sometimes no matter how tired you are you are unable to turn off mom mode even with a full rested sleeping husband beside you.

I had brought home an early birthday gift/late Christmas gift for my son from my husband's aunt whom I had just seen yesterday. They got him this really cool, never been seen by us before Plasma Car. Check it out:

The birthday girl of course had a present to open. This one is from Ellie-ma (my mom).
Both kids also got to open an early present from my husband's mom before we even came home. It arrived by courier the morning we were leaving. Just in the nick of time. Thanks Grandma S.



Today was also Sunday so we walked up the hill to our old home church and had a nice time of fellowship seeing everyone again. I know I shouldn't be, but I am always astonished at how big some of the kids are getting. It was also nice to see lots of new faces since we have moved away and also just since our last visit there. That church will always hold a special place in our hearts. Both my husband and I grew up and were married by that church.

After nap times we headed over to my husband's sister's house for afternoon cake and icecream which we followed with BBQ'd hotdogs and hamburgers to commerate both of my kids birthdays which are a month apart. Everyone on my husband's side was there. It was an awesome time. Here are some pictures from the afternoon.

Auntie Mandy gave my son a bubble machine for his early birthday present. It was and is still a big hit.
The birthday girl with two eager boys waiting to snuff out that candle.
Here we are with my baby who is no longer a baby. Little did I know though that I am carrying another baby in that plump tummy. Explains why I felt the need to cover up. NOTHING was fitting right.
My son and my nephew are 6 months apart. They're buds. Especially when waiting for chocolate cake to be served.
Before Cake.
After Cake.
The Boys working the Plasma Car. We toted that thing with us wherever we went. It was a crowd pleaser.
This is my other nephew. My daughter and him are 9 days apart. Here he's playing with her gift from Auntie Mandy.
We moved the party outside. This mound of snow was what was LEFT from the latest big melt. As far as I know its still not all gone.
The boys and the mud.
Uncle Dominique (husband's sister's bf) and nephew.
My hubby and his mom and the kids. That 'stache' is gone now thank goodness.
Sending the kids down the hill at the back.
My husband and his two sisters.
It was great fun! I miss being close to family. Thanks again everyone for the great gifts and wonderful company.

3 Comments:

  1. tammi said...
    Okay, so I'm a little behind....

    Congratulations!!! I read and re-read that statement, started to leave a comment, and then scrolled through the two previous posts (that I hadn't seen before!) and saw your post about the two little red lines. So again (and with certainty that I'm saying the right thing!!), CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    Your hubby pretending to suck the hair off his head is funny ~ so like my hubby's sense of humour!

    And that plasma car is AWESOME!! I've never heard of such a wonderful thing! I kinda want one for me....
    Erin said...
    LOL thanks Tammi!
    the plasma car is really cool. I've used it alot too. Not just for kids. I believe my husband's aunt found it at Costco.
    ellie said...
    Thank goodness the "stache" is gone.. I was gonna mention how gross it looked but you said it was gone so I feel that I can speak freely!
    lol

Post a Comment