Friday, February 27, 2009

The New Doo

It seems that after any monumental landmarks in my life, I go and chop off my hair and try something new. After I got married, after my firstborn, after my second born and now after my third born.

This time though I had been inspired by an old high school acquaintance to donate my locks to charity. This led me to the Angel Hair for Kids network. I wanted to donate locally and after asking around I learned about this great organization.

So I lopped off 10 inches of long virgin hair. And so now I look like this:


For those of you that know me well, I am not a big "hair" person. This new do has taken me on the new adventure of introducing a blow dryer to my hair AND a flat iron so that I don't have wings by the end of the day (trust me I tried seeing if I could do without it). These pictures were taken on such day. :)

I love my new hair cut. My scalp loves my new hair cut (my hair was heavy!). NO more going through an elastic a day (a weight thing I think). NO more super long showers washing and rinsing my mop. NO more ponytail in the way when I am sleeping. And NO more dandruff (something I get in the winter and during pregnancy). Sorry if that's too much information but who knew less hair (well for me) equals less dandruff. I suppose it has something to do with things being able to move more freely....I don't know.

My heads happy, I'm happy which means were all happy right?

In this house anyways.

2 Comments:

  1. Sheila said...
    Nice hair!!! I think it looks great on you!
    tammi said...
    I really think it suits you! And what a great thing to do with all that leftover cut off hair!!

Post a Comment