Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cooking

I interrupt this Christmas reminiscing with my latest discovery!

It was my husband's birthday on the 6th. He requested his favorite meal and his mom's chocolate cake. So we got the recipe from his mom and I made the cake.

WOW! Amazing!

I don't think I had ever tried this cake before. If I had I am sure I would have remembered! It was soooo delicious!!
Soooo delicious in fact that I devoured almost the whole thing myself over the course of the next three days (hey at least it took me that long!).
Sooo delicious in fact that I had to make the cake again....yesterday!

Sooo delicious in fact that I started to devour this cake and HAVE to get it out my house SOON! So far I have managed to pawn some off on a friend that lives close by and I think i'll send the rest to work with my husband tomorrow. I just have NO self-control when it comes to this chocolate cake. I even left the glaze off this time in hopes that it wouldn't taste AS good and it would last longer. But no.

Anyways, I was feeling pretty good in the cooking department and decided to retry my husband's favorite meal (my Aunt Jennie's Chicken Delight for those who may be wondering). But I thought I would do some things differently this time .....and....wellll.....

It Bombed.

It just didn't taste right. My husband got me so paranoid about it not being cooked properly that we threw it out and decided to order in pizza.

Sigh.

I guess I can't expect to get it all right.

:)

1 Comment:

  1. ellie said...
    That si really funny about the chocolate cake! I giggled lots when i kept reading how much you ate and then made and then ate... I wish i lived closer... i would have taken a piece off your hands!
    :o)
    (it's part of the job of being a friend... the sacrifices! lol)

Post a Comment