Monday, July 7, 2008

More Summer Fun

And the fun continues.

My son and I went to the mall and waited in line for 2 hours to see Dora the Explorer.

Two hours for this photo-op.

It was worth it though. He was excited about it.

Here my son is trying muscles for the first time. Ellie-ma would be proud.

After lots of weird faces he decided he liked it.

We took a day trip to the Toronto Metro Zoo.

My son was pretty impressed by the rhinos.


The tigers were cool too.


My son also took a liking to these big creatures. He just had to get a close up view of the giraffe.

The grizzly was my favorite.

We also went camping.
This was before we left trying them out in the living room.

One of my daughter's favorite spots.


Cooking and waiting for breakfast.

She's saying "woof woof". We heard a dog.

Playing in the bushes. So thankful we didn't see any poison ivy.

No camping trip would be complete without s'mores. My son was all about making his own.
Notice the charcoal on his. He was very excited about being allowed to put things in the fire.

Here Daddy is trying to convince him burnt marshmallows aren't so yummy.
It didn't work.

We did a few other things that I didn't get pictures of. After the zoo we went out for supper at 'The Old Spaghetti Factory' in downtown Toronto. So yummy. I would of eaten so much more if I weren't pregnant and knew i'd be burping up tomato sauce the whole evening.

We also took in the local fireworks on Canada Day. We walked down to the marina after stopping at Tim's for a treat. It was a nice evening. The kids had fun playing and taking in all the colors.

Oh and we went strawberry picking. My daughter inhaled the berries where as my son we couldn't convince him to eat any. He was very task oriented insisting the berries go in the basket. Crazy kid.



3 Comments:

  1. tammi said...
    Glad to hear you're feeling well again. You HAVE been busy!! Do some kids freak out when they see how huge Dora is in "real life?" How the heck does she get that hair through doorways and such?! My girls would have loved meeting her too. I think. The older one might've freaked out because of the gigantism...

    Haha, when we went camping two weekends ago, I DIDN'T EVEN THINK TO BRING MARSHMALLOWS!!!! Can you even believe that?! In my defence, I've never had to plan and pack all the food before for the entire weekend ~ this was our first time camping with just our little family, but still...

    You can bet it's at the top of the packing list now, though!
    Erin said...
    i didn't see any kids freak out...just saw lots of shyness suddenly kick in.

    marshmallows aren't bad to forget...i've forgotten diapers and wipes on a trip before. this trip i almost forgot my bag which i was sharing with my daughter. her and i would of been wearing the same thing our whole time but thankfully i saw it when i went to go pee before hopping in the car.
    ellie said...
    hey doll.. that sounds like so much fun! I love all the pics.. have I told you lately that you kids are as adorable as ever!?!?!

    Look forward to seeing you sometime this summer!

    Keep up with the blog! You are a better girl than I!

    love ya!
    xx

Post a Comment