Friday, October 17, 2008

Lost and Found


Two months ago I lost a set of keys for a couple of homes (mine included). I figured my daughter had taken them out of my purse, since she goes in there all the time, and left them somewhere in my grandparents house where we were visiting almost 4 hours away at the time.

It wasn't a really big deal. I was disappointed more about the actual key chain than the keys. So imagine my surprise when I received a call from our local OPP detachment letting me know they had a set of keys that belonged to me.

Turns out they were found somewhere on the main drag in our town by some guy who turned them in because they had an M&M meat shop tag on them. He figured they would be able to trace the keys back to the owner.

I was pretty excited to get my key chain back. Only, as you can see, my keys were no longer in one piece. I must have lost them somewhere in a parking lot because those three pieces you see used to be attached.

Never the less, I am thankful for that gentlemen that decided to turn them in and I am thankful to have my key chain back so I can stop blaming my daughter for "hiding" them somewhere.

1 Comment:

  1. tammi said...
    It's nice to know there are still some people out there who will take the time to try and return something like that. Very cool. Although sometimes it's nicer to just be able to blame your kids...

Post a Comment