Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fall Fever

I'm always on the look-out for fun things we can do together as a family. So I picked up a pumpkin the other day for real cheap and decided that since we won't actually be home for halloween we should carve it now.

I can't remember if we carved one last year or not but I do know that my son most likely didn't remember. This year both kids were very excited about cracking it open and seeing what was inside. Although, neither of them, were too fond of the "goo".

Check out the face on my son. We gave my daughter her own little bowl. She was very intent on finding all the little seeds.


I let the kids draw their own faces on the pumpkin with washable markers. It was looking like a face until my daughter had her turn.

Eventually my husband and I had our turns. Thus the end result.

My son was very excited with the end result. He wanted to leave all the lights off for the rest of the night. My daughter on the other hand became very leary and cautious of the pumpkin once it was lit up and dark. A transformation I don't think she quite understood.

Another fun, family night for the books. Cheap, simple and memorable. Good times.

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Erin this great. Wow they did a great job picking all the seed, I will have to this with the boys and get ready for Halloween. Steve not to bad of a job with the craving.
    Erin said...
    lol thanks.
    the funny part is steve didn't do the carving.....
    ellie said...
    way to go!!! It's all about cheap family fun!!! or so I've heard! I wish I could see the kids next week but alas I am in training until Saturday... GRRR Take lots of pics!!

Post a Comment