Friday, September 12, 2008

Fishing

We've been slowly using up the remainder of my son's birthday money that he got in May. We couldn't think of anything at the time. Just recently it occurred to my husband that a fishing rod would be something fun for our son to have. It would also be a great bonding time for the two of them.


Fish #1- my husband knew of a great spot!


Fish #2


Reeling in fish #3


Reeling in fish #4...or was this number 6...I lost count.
I swear it was the same greedy little fish trying to eat all the worms.


Casting on his own....notice how there is no one close by...it looks like he's swinging a baseball bat.



This was also my son's first real experience with worms.
I'm ashamed to admit that. Man I can't wait until we live more in the country.
At first he didn't want any on his hook.
Then one escaped and so we told him he had to put it back.
His response was "my hands are going to get dirty!"
What a kid.
Anyways, he picked it up and put it back.....only after we told him we had some baby wipes.

My devotions today we're about making family memories. How appropriate. I know it is the little things that I cherish as memories from my childhood. May this be a constant reminder that its not about going somewhere grand or spending lots of money but its about who you're with and the quality time you have together.

2 Comments:

  1. ellie said...
    oh man... i want a kid like L... the comment of getting his hands dirty is so me!
    Glad you had a good day and love the pics!
    Alyson said...
    I am always amazed at how well you and stever do at getting out with your kids and doing stuff with them.
    we are not great at that.
    perhaps it is all your youthful energy!!
    yay to having kids young!

Post a Comment