Friday, November 28, 2008

Renovations #1

Ok so no baby yet. I am now 38 weeks and counting. So I thought it was about time I just got back on this blogging bandwagon and got you all caught up.

As I have mentioned before, in light of a certain rodent in our house, we ended up gutting our kitchen and installing new cabinets.

Here are some pictures of the progress:


The right side of the kitchen BEFORE. We got a little demo happy before I remembered to take a picture.
right side.
Right side bottom done.

The tile went up too high so we started to tear it off. Only it took the wall with it. Hence the big hole.
Hole fixed.

Almost there!
Yay! Don't mind the dishes. It didn't take me long to move back in.
The right side is done. Just have the painting and tiling to finish. My husband did a great job.

The left side of the kitchen BEFORE.
All gutted.
Man I love the color of these cabinets!
My favorite section. We had zero drawers before. And we were able to miraculously find an already pre-cut section of counter top that just happened to match the counter on the other side.
And the finished product. Still have handles and painting to do but at least I have my kitchen back!!

Plus ...I haven't seen traces of or heard a mouse since! All worth it just for this reason alone.

4 Comments:

  1. tammi said...
    That looks BEAUTIFUL, Erin!!! I LOVE all the colour in your kitchen! And I'm ever so slightly jealous of your countertop....

    Now go have your baby!!
    Alyson said...
    looks great!! what an improvement! definitely adds value to your house and looks great!!
    ellie said...
    Oh Erin!!! It's beautiful!! The color is great! It' no "coincidence" that you were able to find the exact size of drawer thingy that you need..

    God will provide!

    I sooo need to get my butt in gear and come see this home of yours! How crazy is that??

    Hope you are feeling good today!
    xx
    Sheila said...
    Oooo I love the dark wood! Looks great!

Post a Comment