Saturday, August 30, 2008

I have really been slacking in the blog department lately. Well lets see...its been almost a half a month. It's not for lack of things going on. We've been quite busy with an impromptu trip home, a wedding, some family outings, and visitors.

But up until yesterday I have been plagued with this awful, sometimes excruciating, lower back pain that shoots down my right side. Turns out it is probably sciatica. I never knew what that was until now. It appears that the baby has been putting an undue amount of pressure on some nerves which has made moving for any length of time very uncomfortable and painful.

So for the past couple of weeks I have had to lie down and rest while the kids have their naps. Which means I almost always fall asleep too (not a bad thing) so that I can at least have a break from the pain and make it through the rest of the day without hobbling around with a hot water bottle on my back.

Wednesday night I woke up to use the washroom, which is customary for me to do at least three times, and noticed that my whole stomach was pushing out on one side. It was quite a sight and uncomfortable. But I was tired. Thursday afternoon I had my regular appointment with my midwife and she discovered that the baby had since shifted from her head down position to a breached one (straight across).

Hopefully she won't stay that way until the end BUT my back pain is almost gone!!!!! Yesterday I didn't rest and managed to go to a demolition derby (more on that later) and sit on those awfully uncomfortable grand stand benches and I miraculously could still walk myself to the car!!! Thank you baby girl!!!

What relief.

And the kids are napping now and I am still awake. Maybe the coffee I had this morning helped but I'm not sore. Which I normally would be. Wooohooo!

It's the simple pleasures in life that make me happy.

In light of this joyous occasion here's a belly shot.


This is taken at 24 weeks. I'm massive. Almost already half way to my 50 pound total gain mark in pregnancy. At least it seems to fall off pretty quickly once the baby is out. Here's hoping we have a repeat performance.

Another simple pleasure.

1 Comment:

  1. tammi said...
    There's plenty of time for baby to get herself into the right position. And NOT having to spend the next 16 weeks in constant pain is definitely a good thing!!

    You look great!

Post a Comment